It will come as no surprise that the most popular New Year’s Resolution overall is to get fit, healthy and/or lose weight. Now that 2017 is well and truly underway, take a moment to reflect on those New Year’s Resolutions you committed to a few weeks back – are you on track? If you’ve found yourself slacking off, never fear – everyone knows February is the real time to start kicking goals.
If you want to get serious about your fitness journey it’s time you meet Nathan Isaac, one of CanYa’s fitness providers.
Fitness is more than just a job for Nathan, it is his life. He has a holistic approach to keeping a healthy lifestyle, and says while training and eating healthy is important, there is more to wellbeing than these two factors, including:
- Sleep – almost nothing is more important than a good night’s sleep
- Mental health – your mood, confidence and focus are all important to your overall health
- Hydration – your body needs water to function, a well-hydrated body is a happy body
Here is another snap of Nathan, he is mountain climbing in Nepal – are you seeing a pattern here? Nathan loves the great outdoors and says he loves to train his clients outside in the open.
Bodyweight exercises or – callisthenics – is Nathan’s primary style of training. A client will keep their heart rate high with a mix of:
- Burpees (urgh, the worst!)
Just to name a few.
CanYa has helped Nathan in an unexpected way
Nathan recently needed some plumbing advice. Instead of googling endlessly, he realised he had the CanYa app quite literally at his fingertips. He used the chat function to get in contact with a local Darwin plumber “Chandley Plumbing“, who gave him the recommendations he needed.
CanYa brings people together! ❤
Some words of advice
Some final pearls of wisdom form Nathan:
- Be patient – it may have taken years to get to where you currently are today, so don’t expect miracles to happen within days.
- Throw out the scale – remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so the scales aren’t always accurately showing your progress. Nothing is more demotivating than seeing next to no results from stepping on the scale every single day. Say bye!
- Track your progress – track your workout times, reps and weights. As long as you’re moving up in reps or weight, you know that you’re making progress.
Book Nathan today
Here are your steps to a fitter, healthier you:
- Open your CanYa app (download CanYa here if you don’t already have it)
- Search for “Nathan Isaac” in the Darwin region or look him up in the Personal Trainer category
- Book him straight away or chat/call him for free using CanYa’s free chat/call service
- Buy yourself a sweat towel