Booking a Plumber: Ye Olde way
Oh no, my sink is broken.
- Google “Plumbers Adelaide“.
- Spend 10 minutes sifting through websites or Yellow Pages entries to find somebody that looks reputable.
- Problem: I generally have no idea of their quality, availability, location or prices.
- Call up the Plumber to ask if they are available, describe the job and get a price estimate. I’ll probably do 2-3 calls before I find somebody who is available, sounds ok and is a reasonable price.
- Problem: Time consuming.
- The plumber comes around and fixes my sink. Hooray!
- The plumber sends an invoice via email or snail mail. I pay via manual bank transfer.
- Problem: Slow to initiate and slow for funds to actually transfer.
- We part ways, probably to never see each other again.
- Problem: I cannot leave any feedback.
Here’s how this looks in CanYa
- I fire up CanYa and search for Plumber. They all look around $80-90 per hour. Awesome listings, all in one place, ordered by quality.
- I tap the map button to see which ones are close by:
OK Guy Morris is close by and ranked #3. Looking great so far. Let’s take a look at his profile to make sure he’s legit and gain some trust:
Perfect. I scroll down and see he’s available this afternoon.
I have already made my choice.
If I have any questions before booking, I hit the chat button. It’s only been a couple of minutes and I’m sending a job request through to my ideal plumber:
Normally I choose any time, but today I have a tight schedule so I give the plumber a time window any time between 11am and 4pm. I can see this will work for him too.
I send off the enquiry and a few moments later I receive an SMS letting me know I have a quote!
I confirm the quote. The job is now booked.
Nothing is locked in stone. No money has changed hands yet. We can chat or call, re-quote, re-schedule or cancel the job. Maximum flexibility.
The Plumber arrives & fixes my sink!
Guy finishes up and immediately sends me a finalised invoice (he used some extra materials):
I used CanYa Rewards to refer some friends to CanYa. So instead of CanYa having to pay money to advertisers, CanYa gave me some credits! Win-win.
I tap pay now and $54 is immediately taken from my credit card and paid to the plumber.
Guy was awesome, so lets give him a 5 star review:
We are all done!
Wait – I generate a nice looking Tax Invoice for my records.
Now I’m done!
How do I start using CanYa today?
Get started with CanYa has never been easier – download Australia’s best way to hire local services today for free!