The KYC Update
After consultation with our community and reflection upon the current ICO landscape, we have decided to update our KYC policy by lifting the 100% KYC check to include a tiered approach. The tiered approach allows us to include the everyday person, to which the P2P services marketplace is targeted, whilst still ensuring the integrity of the CAN ICO.
CanYa will be fulfilling ethical anti-money laundering practices as a sign of good faith to anticipated future regulation whilst still providing an opportunity for the everyday ICO participants.
From this point forward, the KYC process for the CanYaCoin ICO will be as follows:
- 0 – 10 ETH: KYC is not mandatory; however you are still encouraged to get verified.
- You will simply confirm that you are not a US Citizen (unless you qualify as an ‘accredited investor’)
- Confirm that you have read and understood the Terms of the Token Sale
- Confirm that you have read and understood the CanYa Whitepaper
- Make your final promise to not send ETH from an exchange (you will lose your tokens as you don’t own your ETH address).
- More than 10 ETH: KYC is mandatory.
You can conduct KYC right now at verify.canya.io. Alternatively you can participate in the ICO (Stage 1 or Stage 2) by transferring your ETH to the contract address (revealed on 26 November 2017) and then retrospectively KYC before 01 January 2018.
If you have not KYC’d by the cut-off date, your ETH will be returned and you will not receive any CAN tokens.
Thank you from the team
Thank you to our incredible community for your ongoing support and interest in CanYa’s upcoming ICO. We are truly humbled and appreciative of the effort taken by those of you who have put your trust in our team to process your personal information required as part of our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) process.
The ICO space is currently undergoing massive changes and we are doing our best to remain on top of all the upcoming regulatory oversight of various jurisdictions. By taking the lead in this new unregulated space CanYa positions itself in a favourable position to engage financial institutions and regulators to drive innovation in the services marketplace. This will help us to bring more amazing features to you.
We at CanYa understand how sensitive your personal information is and we take it very seriously. To provide better clarification on how we are handling your data, here is how CanYa is processing your information and details on the vendors who have access to your information.
Why do we need your information?
Regulators and financial institutions around the world are concerned about money laundering and terrorist financing, and we are doing everything in our capabilities to keep the world safe. Performing these steps allows us to know who and where our sources of funds come from, and provide third parties that we engage with the comfort in knowing our sources of funds come from well intended contributors.
How do we process your information?
How do we store your data?
We at CanYa do not store your personal information unnecessarily. We take the utmost care in protecting your personal information and currently store your personal information in the IdentityMind system; access to the information is only accessible to our Operations Team who are processing your data.
Questions, queries or doubtful points?
We know that this is a rapidly changing landscape and we want to keep everybody informed as best that we can. If you have any questions, queries or doubtful points; please reach out to our amazing community or talk to the CanYa Team directly on the CanYaCoin Community Telegram Channel.
For all the latest news and updates follow us here:
- Contribute to the CanYaCoin ICO here: https://sale.canya.io
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/canyacoin
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/CanYaCommunity
- Website: https://canya.io
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/canyacoin
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/company/canya
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanYaCoin/
- Hello World Blog: CanYaCoin – An ICO with a mature product, not a hopeful idea