It’s burn time!
As outlined in the CanYa Whitepaper, all unsold tokens from the ICO have been sent to the CanYa Asset contract as per the below distribution:
This process has now been completed and the unsold tokens have been sent to the asset contract at 15:49 31st January (Melbourne, AEDT time).
Below is a breakdown of the final count of the CAN tokens:
The Asset Contract:
As per the whitepaper and diagram above 13.91m unsold tokens were sent to the CanYa Asset Contract of which:
- 30% were sent to the CanYa Rewards Pool to incentivise growth for the platform
- 30% were sent to CanYa for salaries, marketing and ops costs
- 30% were burnt forever
- 10% have been sent to the CanYa Charity Pool
This it now looks like this:
Burn baby burn 🔥
As promised, 30% of our unsold tokens have been burnt forever. As you can see in the above token distribution this equates to 4.173m CAN being torched into the history books. This was done by sending them to the address with ‘dEaD’ at the end.
This will bring the overall total supply down to 95,827,000 CAN tokens.
The charity pool of just under 1.4m CAN tokens will be disseminated over the next few months.
A large portion will go to Giveth the decentralised charity founded by Griff Green who also is a founder of the White Hat Group. We will also run some community competitions so our awesome CanYa community can nominate and vote on some worthy charities!
Thank you to everyone that contributed to the CanYa ICO. Now that the token distribution and burn has been completed the future token economics will be much clearer.
The team will now continue to focus on building the amazing CanYa services platform for the world to use!
For all the latest news and updates follow us here:
- CanYa Discord Community Channel: https://discord.gg/CanYaCoin
- Telegram Announcements: https://t.me/canyacoin
- Telegram Community: https://t.me/CanYaCommunity
- Website: https://canya.io
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/canyacoin
- LinkedIn: https://au.linkedin.com/company/canya
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CanYaCoin/